Welcome to the Calgary Golf & Country Club

Founded in 1897, the Calgary Golf & Country Club moved to its fourth and current site on the banks of the Elbow River in 1909 and began play in 1911, having originally played over three separate primitive courses on land to which the club had no title. This was common practice in the early days of golf in North America, where urban expansion forced golf clubs to find new homes outside of a growing city core. Originally laid out by American architect Tom Bendelow in 1911, the club enlisted the services of famed Scottish architect Willie Park Jr. in 1922 for a princely sum of $1500 to transform the golf course into the design that in large part remains today.